Saturday, February 13, 2010

A really bad bit of writing

It finally rained in my city.

The sky is so much clearer. The air is fresh, the colors crisp. Lights are brighter, shadows darker; even scents are sharper. It’s like the rain has washed away the veils of grime that hindered sight.

With the first shower, the dust has settled, and a strange peace prevails.

The showers may be likened to the first wave of heartbreak. A hurricane that sweeps through, darkening our skies with loneliness.

But after the pain, as time goes by, colors are crisper, light is brighter, scents sharper. Somehow, the world looks more beautiful. Everything seems new. It’s like the pain cleansed my system. I lost a lot of illusions, but the cynicism washed away too.

Like nature celebrates life after the rain, my heart beats faster, my faith is stronger, after the hurt.

As life settles around me, the pain has settled, and a strange peace prevails.




Note: I'm not in the least bit satisfied with this. But I've been feeling this, you know? =/ Oh, and is repeating that line too much drama? =l

1 comment:

Abdullah Tariq said...

WOW! I never thought of it that way. O_O