Thursday, February 12, 2009

Confusion Reigns Supreme

Another April is almost upon us, and when I look back, I wonder what I should do.

No doubt, the journey was something I would not have missed. I got so much I never imagined I'd get. I belonged. I liked that. There was appreciation (at least in the beginning). All those heady experiences. I had a rock to cling to. I had support. I had promises.

I began to trust. I thought it would never be taken from me.

It has changed me in a thousand ways, not all of them positive. When the 'old' me looks at the 'new' me, I barely recognize myself. This is not what I signed up for, this isn't what I wanted.

If I could, I'd quit in a trice. If I didn't care. If I could stand not having my dreams come true. If I could stand knowing I'm a quitter.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't had those dreams at all.

No comments: